Startup Battlefield 101
Startup Battlefield 101 is an 8 week UCSD Certificate Program taught by veterans with direct startup experience. It is designed to support transitioning service members, veterans, and military affiliated spouses. The course will be offered in a blended format including in-residence classes and webinar/video based classes. In-residence classes will be conducted in the evening hours and on local military bases in order to facilitate attendance. They will also be recorded and made available via live webinar to students who are unable to attend in person.
Learning objectives include:
- Understand the startup landscape to include the vocabulary, the players, fundraising, marketing, and the overall ecosystem.
- Learn how to plan & execute a fundraising campaign.
- Adapt military strategic planning skills to the startup environment.
More information regarding dates, times, and locations for classes will be made available soonest. In the interim, please save these dates for your planning purposes:
- Launch event and first class - April 9th, 2018 at Camp Pendleton
- Mid-course Reception with UCSD - Details To be announced
- Graduation - June 6th, 2018 at Camp Pendleton
The SmartMoney Apprentice Program is a related, but separate offering that combines education with hands-on experience working on live startup fundraising campaigns.
This unique program gives each apprentice a unique opportunity to experience the excitement and challenges that entrepreneurs face without the high risk to one's career and personal finances.
Applications for Cohort #1 are now closed, but we are accepting nominations for the next cohort. To nominate a transitioning veteran, or to apply yourself, please click here.